Recipe – Potato Soup
It’s rainy/snowy/windy here today, so the Twittersphere started pondering good food for a crappy weather day. We all settled on soup, and I tried to come up with a recipe that I could cook with my (meager) collection of ingredients on hand. This recipe is one that’s been the family for years and is something my mom makes regularly when the weather turns cold! Enjoy! -M
- 2 tablespoons Margarine (I use butter)
- 2 cups Potatoes, peeled and cubed
- 1/4 cup fresh Parsley, chopped
- 1/2 cup Onion, chopped
- 1 Bay Leaf
- 1 teaspoon Salt
- 1 teaspoon Pepper
- 2 1/2 cups Chicken Stock or Broth
- 2-3 cups Water
- 1 cup Half & Half
- 3 tablespoons Flour
- 1/2 cup Sour Cream
- 3-4 tablespoons Chives, chopped
- Melt margarine in large pot. Add and saute potatoes. Add parsley, onion, bay leaf, salt, and pepper.
- Add chicken stock and water. Reduce heat to medium and cook 10-12 minutes.
- Cover and reduce heat to low. Cook for 18-20 minutes.
- In a small bowl, mix half & half and flour until all lumps dissolve.
- Pour mixture into soup, stirring to prevent lumps from forming. Simmer 30 minutes.
- Before serving, stir in sour cream and heat through. Top with chives.